Friday, March 16, 2012

March Sadness


I totally messed up my March Madness bracket this year. I did an auto “Random” pick and didn’t find out until after they were locked that I picked a 16 seed to win the entire championship. NEVER in history has this happen.

I was still hopeful. My boss was saying that there should be a warning that pops up when you’ve picked the WORST team to finish the whole thing at #1. It’s like Monster Plantation, I’m sorry Monster Mansion, we have to be “politically correct” here. Speaking of pc I was at my grandmother’s for Sunday dinner a couple weeks ago and my cousin and I were talking about being pc. Something came up and he asked, “well what is pc” I replied with “it’s politically correct”. As I’m thinking that I nailed it I realize everyone is looking at me like I’m crazy. Well he wasn’t asking what pc meant, he knows what it means, he was asking what was “pc” about the certain situation we were talking about. So I more like failed it not nailed it. Back to the story…At Monster “Mansion” you board a boat onward to a happy trip down Monster lane. Eventually you are warned by the Monster Sheriff telling you not to go that way. “No no don’t go down there” he says, but you go anyway (it’s a ride and you really have no choice). In the end you finish no harm back in happy Monster land. I felt like maybe my pick would be like this. Like sure I picked the worst team to win, but you never know in basketball and even though everyone told me I messed up I could still win it.

Guess again…My team lost yesterday in their first game. It was a good game though and they almost won. So I’m done. My bracket is torched. Usually I have some sort of passion about my bracket, but this year I didn’t have the patience to go over it before submitting. Maybe next year.

I just realized that my last two posts were about me messing something up. O_o Where is my head at?

No comments:

Post a Comment