Monday, August 20, 2012

This Week in Chamblee, Star Light on The Mad Italian

First I see on facebook that a man was found dead in front of the Mad Italian Then I find out that a Food Truck named "Champion Cheesesteaks" is using a picture of the Mad Italian’s cheese steak as one of their own! 

First, WTF dead bodies in front of the Mad I? This is scary shit since I live down the road. AND the Mad I happens to be one of my favorite restaurants and a place I practically grew up at.  As if we don't worry enough, my whole family is asking me questions about this "situation". My bestie that works there says to me, “Tara you act like this has never happened before” and when I think about it, he’s right. A shooting next door at the bowling alley, a shooting across the street at the Texaco, a little kid shot dead in my neighborhood, rapes and armed robberies…Honestly my city is turning to shit. MY CITY! It’s sickening. And my parents thought if I’d moved down town I’d be unsafe.

Second, how stupid do you have to be to post a picture of a cheese steak on your website as your own and leave the MAD ITALIAN paper on it? They tried to blur it out it seems, but this did not work. My friend’s 8-year-old son caught it, he said, “Hey that’s the Mad Italian’s cheese steak”. Right you are 8 year old. 

1 comment:

  1. Go get emTiga!!! You're bestie isn't wrong. However, these events aren't "normal" to any of us around here. We live in the suburbian parts of a big city. We live where you have dogs and yards and good schools. These events average about every two years. No, not awesome but, I think John's point lies somewhere in the fray with child abuse, drug abuse etc. These things are happening. Some in parking lots, some behind closed doors....parking lots make us deal with it.

    ReplyDelete