Friday, February 3, 2012

It’s What I Do


I was told recently that my journeys were stupid, and worthless. A load of crap and meaningless. This may be so, but they’re mine and I am not asking anyone to pay attention. I write these stories for a couple reasons: 1) To keep in memory and 2) because some of them are straight funny.

I started the online dating because I was coming out of a long relationship and needed to not only get out of my head, but I wanted to see what else was out t here. No, I wasn’t looking for something. Yes I was trying to get out of my bubble. You see Chamblee is a small tight bubble. It’s a blessing and a curse that we all know each other. At the beginning I just needed to get out of that. And I did! This may not be meaningful to some people, but it is and was to me.

Some may say online dating is for suckers or weird o’s. Others may say at least you’re trying. The supporters are what got me through 3 years of it. I may have suggested online dating to quite a few friends in the years but it’s not for everybody, and if you don’t like it don’t do it. It’s easier to cancel then it was to set it up. Damnit if those sites don’t have you answering a load of questions and filling out surveys and creating a criteria that they don’t even match you based on.

The point is I’m human. Yes my blog is filled with spelling and grammar errors. Yes I go on meaningless dates. I don’t care. I never claimed to be something I’m not. My posts may seem rough or vulnerable lately. It’s been a long couple weeks. Work is buggin, friends are buggin, life is buggin. I’ve realized that I have some of the best and not so best friends, acquaintances rather. Ones that would be there for me no matter what. And others that are too hard on me or only there when the time is right. And that’s ok, I’m fine with that. I’m just old enough now to not give a shit either way.

I do this for me and the few readers that enjoy what I have to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment