Chamblee
is such a tight knit crew. A blessing and a curse, sometimes you love it other times you hate it. Everyone pretty much knows everyone. This can be bad where if you do something everyone knows about it. More often than not it's far stretched from the actual truth.
A good note is, we can always pull a lot of people together when someone needs us. I'm particularly referring to a friend who decides he wants to be in a band. Such friends like Daniel Groover who's gone off to be in Loudowuci and now I.O.Z. You can always count there's going to be a good bit of Chamblians in the crowd. Sometimes we've brought a long a friend or two who didn't have any ties and is now a fan.
That all being said, I went to see The Quaildogs a couple nights ago. I'd been hearing about them through a high school buddies mom I still run into from time to time. I see her more often than my "friend" but that's besides the point. She'd kept saying I needed to check them out, me assuming it was some old foggie band I wasn't too interested. Later I found out her son, my friends little brother, was a band member.
So, I arrange to go to their CD release at The Vinyl. As would be expected there was quite the array of Chamblians in the crowd. I thought it really great that all us came to support our friends baby brother and his friends. The Quaildogs did not need us! They packed this place out. Sure we helped out, but they were good enough to not need it. I was pleasantly shocked and surprised at what I was hearing. They were strikingly good. It was a blast all round, to hear good music and spend the night with some old friends. Cheap shirts, cheap cd's and even FREE sunglasses! The Vinyl apparently hadn't had that many people in a while so they were unprepared and the bartenders were horrible. Still GO QUAILDOGS!

No comments:
Post a Comment