Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Point Behind the Railroad Background

I grew up across the street from Railroad tracks. The loud choo choo and shaking of the house was a regular occurrence that we were all use to. It was like we didn't even notice.


Something else that was regular for me growing up was to go to the tracks and place pennies on them. I guess back then my parents were none the wiser because even now, as an adult, if I speak of doing this my mom gets frantic. 


Not too far back my parents moved directly onto the train tracks. I mean there is a fence, but behind that is the track. I secretly wanted them to cut a hole in the fence so we could crawl through and visit child hood memories. Back in the day we'd have to cross the street, crawl up a bridge and through some shrub. A couple months ago there was a brush fire that took down most of my parents fence and back yard. It was a sad sight, but the train tracks were very visible. Right before they started to rebuild my dad and I walked the tracks and put some  pennies (one for each of us kiddos) on the tracks. It was nice. 


They didn't put the door to the tracks in the fence as I requested * sigh *

No comments:

Post a Comment